What is PaediaSure Shake?
Whether your child is going through a fussy eating phase or you are looking for reassurance that your child is getting the vital nutrients they need, PaediaSure Shake is here to help.
PaediaSure Shake provides all the essential nutrients your child may have missed out on from those uneaten greens and helps fill any nutrient gaps your child may have in their diet, helping to support their growth and development through their most critical ages, 1 – 10 years, when 70% of growth occurs.1
What is PaediaSure Shake?
Especially designed for children, PaediaSure Shake is a delicious drink recommended for use alongside or in between meals, that contains a balance of 26 essential vitamins and minerals. Helping to fill the gaps in your child’s diet, PaediaSure Shake provides the nutrients that every child needs to grow and thrive.
- Protein for the maintenance of muscle mass and growth and development of bone
- Vitamin D & calcium for normal bone development
- Zinc, vitamin A & vitamin C to support the normal function of the immune system
- Iron which supports normal cognitive development
- Iodine which contributes to the normal growth of children
- Fatty acids, for example omega 3 and 6, to support normal growth and development of children*
- *Beneficial effect of essential fatty acids is obtained with a daily intake of 10 g linoleic acid and 2 g alpha-linolenic acid.
You can find more information on the roles and sources of lots of different nutrients here.
How to prepare PaediaSure Shake?
PaediaSure Shake is easy to prepare. To make one 225 ml serving, pour 190 ml of water into a glass and gradually mix in 5 level scoops of PaediaSure Shake powder, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
Who is PaediaSure Shake suitable for?
PaediaSure Shake is a specially formulated food supplement for children aged 1-10 years, which can help fill the gap with nutrients that your child may miss out on during the day, helping them grow and thrive.
PaediaSure Shake is recommended for use alongside or in between meals and is available in three flavours – vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. Children love the great taste,2 which means less fuss, less stress and less worry for you.
What is the science behind PaediaSure Shake?
PaediaSure Shake is manufactured by Abbott. Abbott has more than 90 years of experience in specialist nutrition worldwide. The PaediaSure brand is ranked as the ‘Parents’ No. 1 choice worldwide’, sold in over 80 countries across the globe.
The PaediaSure brand has a firm foundation of clinical studies, which show they are suitable for children as they grow and develop. There are 19 published clinical studies available which show the clinical benefits of the PaediaSure products.3
PaediaSure Shake is the first product of its kind in the UK to offer parents a specially formulated supplement drink, supporting a child as they grow and develop through a healthy, active lifestyle.
At Abbott we strive to help people live their lives to the full, starting with good nutrition. Drawing on more than 90 years of experience in specialist nutrition, we’re devoted to developing products that really make a difference.
With our heritage in mind, with PaediaSure Shake we’re offering something that’s not so easily bottled – a helping hand, a boost and a commitment to help your child.
We aim to support parents and carers who are concerned about their child’s nutrition or fussy eating behaviour by:
- Empowering you to persist in preparing and serving healthy foods and teaching your child good eating habits
- Sharing the results of our scientific research to provide a spectrum of solutions to address the needs of children who don’t eat well
- Giving reassurance and peace of mind that you are not alone!
PaediaSure Shake is not intended for children with feeding difficulties or faltering growth due to underlying medical conditions, and is not a substitute for seeking medical advice. If you have any concerns, please discuss these with your healthcare professional.
- WHO, 2017: http://www.who.int/childgrowth/standards/chart_catalogue/en/ Accessed 20th March 2017.
- Data on file. Abbott Laboratories Ltd., 2013 (PaediaSure EU DTC study)
- Data on file. Abbott Laboratories Ltd., 2013 (Paediasure Brand Playbook)